www.appliedproductivity.com

Tuesday 24 February 2015

What's it all about?

I started doing blogs on Wordpress.At first it looked like I had only a little space in the blog and so I used it for suggestions on possible combinations and mergers for stocks.There was no formal structure in place so I never knew if my suggestions were acted upon or not.So in effect it was like a bulletin board for interested parties. If interested parties liked the ideas in the blog they could act upon the suggestions.There was never any compensation for these ideas or "notes".                                                                                               I did write one or two long blogs on Wordpress but mostly these were saved for my two blogs on Blogger called Blogdaleupsome and Workathon.I tried for a third blog on Blogger but could not get it.
     The Two on Blogger
These two blogs are really like small articles in a magazine.The main purpose is to get readership and to increase readership.Just like all authors;these blogs are trying to get a bigger audience.In the case of Blogdaleupsome and Workathon the idea is to get more page views and Google will check and give the blog a higher "page ranking".This has not happened to these two blogs yet.And yet for  every blog on these two websites Google itself has one or more page views.Theoretically Google could transfer my blog to another of their blogs and sell them on their own site.This,of course, if they did it, would keep my page ranking lower than it should be.
  After all blogging is about advertising and I, like all other bloggers, are trying to get my readership higher so more page views can be translated into advertising.Products advertised on the blog are more likely to be tried if the author seems  believable.Google calls this monetizing your website.So far I have been unable to raise my page ranking and unable to monetize my website.This however may come with time as Google checks my blog again and raises the page ranking.Many readers use search engines to pick their blogs and those with a higher page ranking always get more page views and hence more advertising.
  Another Business Blog
Both of my blogs are about business.In particular,they analyze quarterly reports and forecast revenues and profits and earnings per share.Blogdaleupsome likes to point out stocks that trade at a low earnings multiple and are a bargain in comparison to other stocks.It is intended as an information centre to advise readers that there are stocks that are bargains and that investors can make money on.Blogdaleupsome tries to make corporate reports more transparent so readers can see good investment opportunities to make money.This will bring readers to the blog without them even knowing what the current article is about.They should feel that they can always find bargains on this site.Many do.
 The main purpose of Workathon is to sort through the business and engineering details and point out to more sophisticated investors and to senior corporate managers things that might improve revenues or profits.It is not clear that many or even any managers read this blog but if they do they might find strategies to improve their business.It must be pointed out that these managers do not give me direct feedback on my ideas but sometimes I can read about changes(I suggested) made in their way of doing business.By far the best feedback I get is through the price of the stock that I write my blog about.Sometimes I see immediate price increases and sometimes slow but steady rises.
 Recent Examples
One recent example is Crocodile Gold.A company press release pointed out that there were new gold extensions running from their existing Fosterville mine.They estimated the gold resource at about 2 million ounces.I recalculated the ore body using their information and estimated the size of the resource at 3 to 5 million ounces.The main fact that I used was the high grade of the ore in the new fault.A recent press release shows that there are intercepts with very high grades of gold and imply that the ore body could easily be close to 3 to 5 million ounces of gold.The price of the stock has not risen yet because the company is not able to increase it 's production immediately and the price of gold has fallen again.But this stock will rise in price soon.
 Another company where this blog pointed out a resource much bigger than originally stated was Twin Butte Resources.They bought a property(light oil) from another privately run company; the original pools of oil were reported to be much smaller than they actually were.I used the fine details in their press releases(2or3 of them) to point out to readers of the blog that in fact the pools were bigger than  thought and there were other pools connected to them.Twin Butte  has still only hinted at these new pools and the total size of the resource.In both these cases readers have gotten better information and more clear information from reading these two blogs but particularly Workathon.By the way ,Workathon has found other anomalies that the reader could have benefitted from.
Workathon discovers anomalies that make investors profit

No comments:

Post a Comment