www.appliedproductivity.com

Thursday 12 March 2015

The Bulletin Board

I have talked about my " notes" to companies in several blogs (both on Blogdaleupsome and Workathon).This process started with my blogs on Wordpress on a website called Blogdaleup.I used this site as a bulletin board for interested parties to read and act on or not.It was clear that there were very few visitors to the site.The site has been up for about two years and has had only about 250 visitors.Nevertheless it seemed like (at times) the suggestions were being acted upon.Often there was a considerable lag between my suggestions and the effect .It is possible that a few influential people visited it and liked the ideas.For example,a company like Call Net which was almost bankrupt got  a number of suggestions which I could clearly see  someone was acting upon.The stock went from $.35 to $9.00 a share which is an increase of 30 times.                                                                                               But the question is this;was this cause and effect or was it merely coincidence?I have offered the opinion that entrepreneurs with money saw my track record and have acted upon these"suggestions".It should be repeated again that not all these suggestions were acted upon and sometimes the stock did not go up when using my suggestions.Nobody has a perfect track record not even Wordpress.But in general they seemed to be beneficial ideas and generally they improved the companies using them.This is what I call the GM (general manager) syndrome; with the help of the bulletin board a lot of people were able to get things done with my "suggestions".There certainly was a lot of shareholder equity created by this GM syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment