www.appliedproductivity.com

Friday 21 June 2013

Cash for investment in equipment

An earlier blog talked about the lack of investment in research and productivity in Canada.It was also pointed out that Canada is a leader in applied productivity and applied research.Canadians know how to modify existing technology to increase productivity.Canadians also know how to make use of older equipment to get the job done.
The government does have some productivity programs as well.They also have the Business Development Bank which serves as a lender of last resorts.But the total program funds available for productivity is quite small.There is much more funds available for what I am calling social programming.This does little for productivity.Spending from social programming goes basically to staples -food,licquor,and housing.These areas show little increase in productivity with an increase in demand.The cost of a house does not come down much if you build two,three or more.The government tries to remedy this by giving outright grants and bonuses to technology companies.They have an increase in cash balances on their books.But do they spend any of this new cash on investment?Probably not.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
    any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Feel free to visit my weblog; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbXcZ9h0xBM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been on your website but I see you are on Youtube.I know you realize that Canada is behind in spending on productivity and on productivity increases(in relation to all g-8 countries).This is,of course because we use the R and D products of USA, Germany,UK and Japan.Then they spend money on modifying this research - applied productivity.
      A second reason that Canada is low on Rand D and high on spending on applied productivity is that many small Canadian businesses are "copy cats".They spy on other businesses and spend a little money to differentiate their product.The differentiation is applied productivity.
      I,myself,in my business(journalism) see many" copy cats".They take my articles that they gain access to and slightly modify it.They get their articles in magazines like Canadian Moneysaver and mine are not.Newspapers do the same ;this way they pay nothing for articles.This is applied productivity also.

      Delete
    2. I have tried to get your blog but do not seem to be able to.Is your blog on youtube?I don't get twitter updates (as in their search function)but I do get good traffic on my site.Why don't you try another comment and leave your web site address on it.I guess that we are both into applied productivity.

      Delete