www.appliedproductivity.com

Wednesday 15 May 2013

RevenueCanada is too busy

I was in the Oshawa and Newcastle area for quite awhile.I was working on getting my federal civil service pension and superannuation.I dealt mostly with the federal and provincial members of parliament-Bev Oda and John Otoole.I spent months and months filling out forms and making phone calls.I also got a lot of help from Garfield Dunlop's office in Orillia.Final details and new forms were signed in the member(federal) for Oshawa.I got a cheque sent to Kitchener where I was staying in a hostel.The cheque apparently came from Oshawa.

I got one cheque and the stub said there was a second payment to be made later.Also they held back my pension;the payment was for superannuation only.I checked with the Department of Public Works and they said Revenue Canada would be sending the cheque .I called Revenue Canada several times and one officer asked me if I wanted cash.I said yes and he said he would give me $20,000 in cash for a $100,000 cheque.I declined.

I checked on the value of my pension with Revenue Canada and they said it was originally $38,000 and now was up to about $43,000 but I couldn't get my hands on it.Now it should be up to about$45,000(with interest earned).I tried to get help from the member for Collingwood,KellieLeitch, but she wouldn't come into her office and refuses to answer e-mails.She will not help me get my pension!

I decided to use the $100,000 as a deposit to be used to pay my income tax.After getting some R.R.S.P'S  and lots of other credits  I had a refund coming from Revenue Canada.Every year I use some of the $100,000 to get refunds.Now Revenue Canada owes me about $50,000 in back taxes.This in addition to my pension which I could use to buy a house.The problem is that Revenue Canada is too busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment