www.appliedproductivity.com

Friday 17 May 2013

whose pension is it?

When I was in Ottawa I had a few good jobs so I accumulated a sizeable pension after thirteen years in the civil service.In fact,my pension was reported to me as being $37,900.I was broke and confused after losing my government job.I had a pile of assets but no cash.So after talking to the general manager of the CSCOOP he explained that I could get my pension money if I paid ten percent withholding tax and I signed a letter stating that I needed the funds for essential items.I did and he released the funds minus the withholding tax.

In a previous blog I explained that I spent a considerable amount of time getting superannuation and pension from the civil service.I got one cheque but they held back about $120,000 for the second payment.A second payment I never got because they kept it for prepaid income tax.I did get money for my pension($37,900) but I couldn't touch it.I had to put it back into my pension.That was September2008.In September2011  I got papers saying that I earned $5000 in interest income.I knew the pension was put into a R.R.S.P. so I figured the income was coming from my pension.I called and emailed my pension administrator about how to get my pension and got no response.One email stated that I should talk to Revenue Canada.I went into the local office and talked to several agents and they said only Public Works  knew the location and amount of my pension.

I talked to two M.P.s about getting the pension and where it was Neither M.P. would tell me.So right now I am wondering just whose pension is it anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment